Monday, December 5, 2011

A Letter of Thanks to My Students


I would like to end our semester blogs together by thanking all of you for sharing so much of yourselves during our class.  I thank you for sharing your views, your knowledge, and your life experiences.  Your individual voices have enriched our course curriculum and have made our class discussions Socratic forums for respectful debate and inquiry.  I appreciate your open-mindedness and your willingness to explore new theories and insights.  For this maturity, I thank you.  I believe that it is only when we challenge ourselves that we truly grow as people, and even in one semester of writing methods, I can see true growth in each and every one of you as a teacher and as a writer.  You have ventured into the unknown at times and have succeeded due to your hard work and dedication to this course.  I am proud of the stellar work that you have accomplished thus far and am excited about all of the future successes you are sure to encounter along your teaching journeys. 
         I would like to further thank you for the energy that you bring with you to class every Tuesday.  Your energy is contagious and refreshing.  Your passions, your words, and your interests really do drive this course and make it what it has become. I have enjoyed this time as your teacher and look forward to the years ahead when I will see you all succeed as writers and as teachers.  Thank you for being THE REASON I enjoy coming into work each day.  It is because of YOU that I have become a teacher.  You have all become people in my life that I am truly grateful and honored to know.  Thank you for your willingness to learn, grow, and share with me this semester.  I wish you all much continued success as you continue on in your careers as life-long learners.    
                                             All my best,
                                             Nicole

P.S. A quote to ponder as the semester comes to a close:

“Writing organizes and clarifies our thoughts. Writing is how we think our way into a subject and make it our own. Writing enables us to find out what we know—and what we don’t know—about whatever we’re trying to learn.”
    –William Zinsser, Writing to Learn 

 My wish for you is that whatever you choose to do, make it your own.

1 comment:


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com) You can also whatsApp them at: at +44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only) .. and inform them Leah Brown addressed to you ..

    ReplyDelete